If you happen to be a regular user of an HP printer then it will be quite common for you to encounter a Printer in error state problem. There are several problems that HP printer users might face while using their printers but printer in error state is one of the most common problems. However, users do not need to worry about this problem as there are some effective steps or solutions for this problem.
The printers that come from HP are very popular computer accessories but they are also one of the most prone accessories to issues of different varieties. Printer in error state is a problem or error code that generally appears when the user’s system gets a new update resulting in the connected printer to stop doing its job.
Possible Reasons for HP Printer Error State Problem
You will have your HP printer stopping suddenly when you try printing some documents out of it. You will get a window popping up saying HP printer in error state. This is an error that hinders your printer from responding to the print commands that you give. The main reason behind this problem would be an improperly connected USB cable or an operating system issue. The problem might also be caused due to connection issues with wireless, USB, Bluetooth and wired and even due to driver issues. If you have been looking for some effective solutions for this issue then give the below-mentioned solutions a try. The solutions provided below will surely help you in fixing your HP printer in error state problem
Solution 1: Check the Printer’s Connection and Try Restarting the Device
This is one of the simplest solutions that you can try when you find your HP printer in error state. Check whether there is a proper connection between the computer and the printer and ensure that the connection is functioning properly. It is also important for you to ensure that all the connected devices are working properly. Make sure that the cable or the network that you are using for the connection does not have any problem. Restarting the different connected devices can solve HP printer in error state problem most of the times. try powering off your PC and your printer completely. Leave them in this state for some time and turn them back on to find if the problem has gone.
Solution 2: Verifying is there is Paper Loaded
It is important for you to check whether there is paper loaded on the printer tray. Before doing this, you need to ensure that the printer has been turned off. Now turn on your printer all over again and wait for some time until your printer is in the ready state. Now check for the error.
Solution 3: Hardware Self-Test
This involves trying and printing hardware self-test with your HP printer.
- The first step involves opening and closing the cover of the printer five to six times and that too very quickly. This will print out pages with lines on them.
- If the pages do not print then you will get a message explaining why your printer cannot be identified.
You May Also Like: Buy Laptop Charger Online in Dubai
Solution 4: Unplugging the Cable
This involves unplugging the cables at both the ends and then replugging or remaking a wireless connection. Post this, you can try and print a document.
Solution 5: Uninstalling Software
This solution involves uninstalling each and every software available for the printer. Software issues can also cause HP printer in an error state problem.
Solution 6: Rebooting the PC
If all the above steps fail then you must try rebooting your PC. Reinstalling software and printer drivers might also solve the problem.
Solution 7: Running Troubleshooter
Running a good quality printer troubleshooter might help you in solving HP printer is in error state problem. However, there are some steps that you need to follow:
- First of all, make sure that is printer is properly plugged into the power supply. Your printer must be turned on. Try checking USB connection or wireless connection.
- Run printer troubleshooter
- If this does not solve the problem then it is possible that your printer requires a brand new driver. For this, you need to:
- Right-click on the Start key and choose Device Manager.
- Next select Expand Printers option and try finding your printer in the provided list
- Now right click it and select Update Driver
This will solve your problem.
Solution 8: Check if Your Printer is Online or not
Hp printer in error state is a problem that can also be caused if your printer is offline. The steps that you need to follow in order to get your HP printer online include:
- Click on Start option and select Control Panel
- Next, choose Devices and Printers option
- Check if the printer is offline. If your printer is online, the status will show as Ready.
- Set the printer online by right clicking on Printer and choosing the option that says Use Printer Online.
- This will change the display to ready
Hopefully, these steps will solve your Hp in error state issue.
The HP printer manufacturer needs to be contacted if the above steps do not solve the problem.