Quickbooks is a Multi-user software that can be used on multiple devices simultaneously. Hence, this feature of the Quickbooks Software allows you to share the Quickbooks Company file with other devices to makes it easier to manage data properly. However, while shifting to the multi-user mode from Single-mode, there are some instances where the multi-user mode might not work and you get the Quickbooks error H202. However, it is possible that you might not get this error on your device but it gets passed to other devices on the server. In that case, the other devices on the server will start getting issues while using the Quickbooks Multi-User Mode.
The Quickbooks Multi-User mode not Working issue can occur due to various reasons. One of its reason can be if you are trying to access a company file from any other device on the server and the copy of this company file has not updated on the other device. Hence, In order to troubleshoot this Quickbooks error, you need to first understand the cause of this error.
This blog will help you to understand the reasons that cause this Quickbooks error with some quick methods to fix this error. But before leading to the troubleshooting methods let us first learn quickly about the reasons that lead to this Quickbooks error.
Causes of Quickbooks Multi-User Mode Not Working
many of the Quickbooks Users have reported this issue and based on all the reports, our experts have listed below some of the prime reasons that can cause this error in Quickbooks.
- Due to some Network or Server issues, the Quickbooks software is unable to get the IP address of the other device on the network.
- Quickbooks Software is unable to locate the Quickbooks Company file because of any Anti-malware or security software in your device.
- Quickbooks is unable to communicate with the other devices on the network because of windows firewall configuration.
- Incorrect Hosting Configuration settings can also lead to this Quickbooks Error.
So, While switching to Quickbooks Multi-User Mode, If you have encountered this Quickbooks Error then it can be because of the reason mentioned above. In order to avoid this Quickbooks Error in the future, make sure to check these causes. For advanced troubleshooting solutions, You can also contact the experts at Quickbooks. You can report the Quickbooks Multi-user mode not working issue to the professionals at Quickbooks and they will provide you the best possible solution.
Thing To Consider Before Troubleshooting Quickbooks Multi-user Mode Error
Before processing the troubleshooting solutions for this quickbooks error, make sure to check these requirements to troubleshoot the error successfully.
In order to properly troubleshoot this Quickbooks Error, Make sure to install the Quickbooks Database Server on all the devices on the network. According to the version of the Quickbooks Software, download the server manager of the same version. You need to follow these pre-requisites to fix the Quickbooks Multi-User mode error.
Methods to Resolve Quickbooks Multi-User Mode Not Working Error
In order to troubleshoot this error properly, You need to fix all the issues that are causing this Quickbooks error. After performing the Pre-requisites, you can follow these troubleshooting solutions to fix this error.
Method: 1 Set Hosting To Local Files
In order to resolve this error Quickly, you can set the hosting to local files. You need to follow these steps:
- Close the error message on the screen and then open the Quickbooks Software by double-clicking on the icon on the desktop.
- Now press the F2 key on the keyboard to open the product information window of Quickbooks Software.
- Now from the opened window, click on the “local server information” link.
- Now at this window, make sure that the hosting is set to local files.
- Close the Quickbooks Product information window page.
Method: 2 Restart Quickbooks Database Server Manager
After successfully Setting the hosting to the local files, now you need to restart the Quickbooks Database server manager tool. Follow these steps to perform the following.
- Click on the start button at the desktop and click on Menu.
- Now in the text field, enter Servers.msc and hit the enter button.
- After this, right-click on the screen and then choose the start button and then close.
- Browse through all the files to display the files with known extensions.
- right-click on the start button and click on explore.
- go to the tools menu and folder option and then go to the view tab.
- display all the extensions by marking the checkbox of show hidden files.
- Click on Ok and then shut down the windows explorer screen.
Method: 3 Delete Quickbooks .ND Files.
Once, You have successfully restarted the Quickbooks Software, now you need to delete the.ND files of Quickbooks.
- Open the folder where the Quickbooks Company files are stored.
- Now, locate the file with.ND extension and then right-click on it.
- Choose the delete option to delete the files from the device.
Re-create the.ND Files
After deleting the .ND file from your device, follow these steps to create the Quickbooks Component file again.
- Go to the start menu and click on the program option.
- now choose Quickbooks from the list and then open the Quickbooks Database server manager option.
- Press the scan button on the screen and then click on the add folder option.
- Choose the company file from the folder and then click on Ok.
- Click on the scan button again and then close the screen once the scan process is complete.
Method: 4 Switch Hosting Modes
While performing these steps, make sure the company file is not hosted with your client systems and the hosting display is disabled. You need to switch the hosting modes if hosting is not off. Follow these steps to perform the following method:
- Open the Quickbooks software and login as an administrator.
- Click on the Tools menu and then go to utilities.
- now click on “Stop Hosting Multi-User mode” and then click on “ok” when prompted to confirm.
- Re-open the Quickbooks Software and press the F2 key.
So, If you have got the Quickbooks Multi-User mode not working error then you can follow these troubleshooting methods to fix this error quickly. But Before following these solutions, make sure you meet the pre-requisites requirements to troubleshoot this error. This error generally occurs due to connections or network issues between the devices in the server. Hence, make sure to check the hosting settings regularly to avoid this error.
However, if you are a student or an educator, then you can avail of the benefits of Quickbooks Student Discount to get great deals on Quickbooks Software to learn some advanced accounting tactics and features of the Quickbooks Software. If you need to know about anything related to the Quickbooks software then you can contact our Experts. We have a team of highly-qualified professionals who can assist you with any query or issue with the Quickbooks Software.