Quickbooks is one of the best accounting software that is being used by various businesses around the globe. it comes with great features and functionalities that offer to keep the perfect track of your financial transactions and your accounting issues. Along with this Quickbooks Provides various tools that help you to send and receive payments in a more convenient way. quickbooks direct deposit is one of the features that allow you to pay to your employees directly without any check or receipts. this will make it easier and convenient for you and the employees. here you will get the information to activate and use the Quickbooks Direct deposit feature of Quickbooks.
Activations and Usage of Quickbooks Direct Deposit
After the activation of the Quickbooks Direct deposit feature into your Quickbooks Desktop payroll company, you can even edit, remove, or make changes in the settings. This is for the employees who want to receive their salary through the direct deposit. They will need to submit a void check from their bank along with a Direct deposit authorization form to apply for this service. However, you won’t be needed to submit these to the Quickbooks. you just have to keep them.
Steps to configure employee account in Quickbooks Direct Deposit
If you want to apply for the Quickbooks Direct deposit in your company then you will be required to follow these steps. Make sure to have a blank check from your bank along with all the required documents to apply for this service.
- Open the Quickbooks software from the desktop icon and then go to the employees.
- Now click on the employee center option to open the list of all the employees.
- locate the employee’s name and double-click on it.
- from the options click on the payroll info tab.
- Now, just simply click on the direct deposit option from the window.
- A new window will open where you have to click on Use Direct Deposit for [Name].
- Now you will be required to select the accounts to receive the payments. you can add two or more accounts.
- After this, you will be required to enter the information of the employee’s bank details that include, bank name, Account No., and Account Type.
- And if you have added two accounts to receive the payments then you will be required to mention the amount you want to receive in your first account in the Use Direct Deposit window. you will receive the rest amount in your second account.
- Now just click on Ok to apply the changes.
After following these steps, the next paycheck will be deposited directly into your employee’s account. While if you have created a paycheck but haven’t sent it yet then you can delete that paycheck and recreate it after following the above steps to directly deposit it. while creating the paycheck, simply mark the use of direct deposit for Quickbooks and enter all the information required to make the direct deposit.
Steps to Modify Employees Details in Direct Deposit
If there is an update in the employee’s financial information then you have to update if before creating the paychecks. because the paychecks created without updating the information will go to the old account. hence you need to update the information before creating the paychecks for your employees. you can simply delete and recreate the paychecks form with the vital information. follow these steps to edit the information.
- Click on the Quickbooks Icon on the desktop to open the software.
- now click on the Paychecks tab to open the paychecks detail window.
- After this open the paycheck detail and unmark the use Direct deposit option and click on save and close.
- After this, open that paycheck and then select the use of the direct deposit option.
- Now enter all the financial information of the employees and then click on Ok.
after this, you can create the paycheck and they will be deposited directly into the update bank account.
Steps to Remove an Employee from Direct Deposit
In the case, when you want to remove an employee from the direct deposit feature then you need to follow the given steps. You can simply remove them by following the setup process.
- Go to the Quickbooks and click on Employees.
- Now go the Employees center and then double-click on employees’ name you want to remove from direct deposit.
- After this, open the payroll info tab and open the direct deposit window by clicking on it.
- unmark the Use Direct deposit for employees’ name and then click on Ok to apply the changes.
If you want to pay any of your employees with the regular paycheck and now with the direct deposit then you can just simply change it to regular paycheck from the settings. So if you want to use the direct deposit Quickbooks then you can follow the steps to set up and activate it. you can also use the Quickbooks Gopayment feature to create a secure payment gateway.
However, if you need any kind of assistance regarding any kind of Quickbooks Error then you can contact the Quickbooks Expert team.