Call us for Instant Quickbooks Issue Related Support
Our Quickbooks Certified Professionals will help you with anything anytime.
Quickbooks helps to run your business conveniently by managing all the operations of your business that includes tracking of your business financial operations, workforce, cash-flow, etc. hence it consumes lots of data and information that needs to be stored in the best to avoid any kind of loss. however, there are several reasons where you need to transfer Quickbooks to a new computer with all the data. hence it is advisable to keep a backup of your Quickbooks company file to avoid any kind of data loss.
The procedure to transfer Quickbooks software to a new computer is very easy. you need to follow the given steps in order to perform the successful migration of the Quickbooks software from one computer to another without any kind of data loss. after successfully installing the Quickbooks latest version to the new computer, you can restore the backup of your Quickbooks company file, and then you can manage all your business again with the same workflow. you will be able to track your expenses once the backup process will be completed.
We have explained below the methods of how you can migrate Quickbooks to another computer in a successful way.
How to Move Quickbooks to a New Computer
if you are still using the Quickbooks on your desktop then before starting the migration process you can create a backup of your Quickbooks company file to avoid any kind of loss. this will save your time and you can restore this backup on the computer in which you are going to install the Quickbooks software. along with this, you should always create a backup of your company file whenever you are updating your account files to ensure that you won’t lose any kind of data during the update process. hence, it is advisable to perform the transfer steps carefully so you won’t lose any data during the transfer process. There are different error present in quickbooks software one of the glitch is Quickbooks frozen issue that need to be immediately solve so that the user can continue his work smoothly.
Here are the steps you need to follow in order to migrate Quickbooks to a new computer.
- the first thing you have to do is to create a backup of your file and license information to restore the data again in the newly installed quickbooks.
- Now go to the new computer and store the Quickbooks backup files.
- now install the latest release of the Quickbooks software in your device with either the installation files or with a CD.
- after the installation process, Now you will be required to restore the Quickbooks backup files.
- after completing the restoration process now you can delete the Quickbooks software from the old computer.
How to Restore Quickbooks Backup File on New Computer
After installing the latest release of the Quickbooks software in your device, you need to follow these steps in order to restore the backup files successfully.
- Insert the storage device in which the backup is stored and then double-click on the Quickbooks icon to open it.
- Now click on the file menu and select “Open or Restore Company”.
- after this click on the “Restore a backup file” and then click on the next option.
- Now select the “Local Backup” option to save the file and then go to the next option.
- Now select the external device where you have stored the backup file and select the file if Quickbooks haven’t detected it automatically.
- after this open the backup file and then provide the location in the new computer where you want to restore the backup of Quickbooks file.
- Now click on the “Save” button and then wait until the restoration process completes.
However, there are some measures you need to follow while installing the Quickbooks software into the new computer.
Things to keep in Mind after transferring Quickbooks to new Computer
In order to check that after installing the Quickbooks software into a new computer it is operating perfectly, you need to follow these steps.
- After the installation process, you need to login to your Quickbooks account along with all the services you are using from Intuit.
- If you want to copy all the company file from your old computer then you can copy these files into an external device and then you can paste these files on the new computer.
- after this, you have to create a backup of your Quickbooks company file in the new computer too. after completing this the migration process will be completed successfully.
While transferring the Quickbooks software, make sure to note down the license agreement and product number in order to install the Quickbooks software again in your device. if you have lost Quickbooks license information then you can contact the Quickbooks assistance team to retrieve the license information. you will be required to provide the purchase proof of the Quickbooks product and you can have the license information.
hence, this is the way through which you can transfer Quickbooks to a new computer without any hassle. if you are trying to transfer Quickbooks and got any issue then you can contact the Expert team.