Quickbooks is designed to provide efficient accounting solution for your business. but many times the Quickbooks users have to share their financial data with any third-party or accountant to ensure the accuracy of the software. hence sometimes, you may require to make some changes in the file but all these processes take too much time from sharing to making any kind of required changes. In order to resolve this issue, the Quickbooks accountant copy feature has been introduced where you and your accountant can make any kind of amendments and changes in the current period and it will help to reduce the time as well.
Steps To Save Quickbooks Accountant Copy
In order to save the accountant copy, you need to follow these steps in order.
- open the Quickbooks software by double-clicking on the icon and click on the file menu.
- Now open the accountant copy and then click on client activities.
- Click on Save the file and after that enter the dividing data and click on Next.
- After that change the extension of the file.QBW and Save it.
Transfer the Quickbooks Accountant Copy
- Repeat the initial steps again by going to the File menu and opening the client activities from the accountant copy option.
- Now click on the send to Accountant option from the window.
- Click on the Next when you get the confirmation window.
- Now you will be needed to select the dividing date and then select next.
- Enter the email address of the accountant and click Next.
- In order to secure the transfer of the file put a password.
- Now you can click on the send option.
make sure to send the password to your accountant so that he can access the file also.
Quickbooks Accountant Copy feature Limitations
Once you will create the Quickbooks accountant copy you may face some limitations with accounts, transactions, etc. these things will create issues while you will be working and will cause a clash with the accountant too.
Transactions: the users will be able to operate the task only after the dividing date.
- The user will not be able to add any new sub-account to an existing or previous account.
- user can edit, merge, or delete the existing accounts.
- If the user has the new account, that user can delete or edit the account only if the accountant has its copy.
- Users can make changes to the list items like edit, sort, etc.
- the user will not be allowed to remove or delete the list items.
- if the accountant of your business will have a copy of your account then you can perform the reconciling process.
- the reconciled transactions after the dividing date will be permanent and cannot be deleted.
- if the user want to avoid any kind of error while the reconciliation process then the user can disable the dividing date while the changes from the accountant’s ends are taking place.
- if the accountant will make any changes in the reconciliation then the values reconciled by you will also change.
Methods of Importing Quickbooks Accountant Changes
Method- 1 From the WEB
- Go to the Quickbooks software by double-clicking on the Icon and click on the File menu.
- now click on the “open/restore company” and then select the “Open the company file” option.
- after that click on Next.
- Now you have to locate the company file you want to open.
- Click on the Open option and enter the credentials.
- Now click on the accountant’s copy from the file menu.
- after this select the “Import accountant changes from web” option.
- for enterprise and premier versions, you need to go to the client activities in the file menu.
- here you have to click on the “import accountants changes from web”.
- now download the latest Quickbooks Accountant copy.
Method- 2 From the File
- Open the Quickbooks software and go to the File menu.
- Now click on the restore/ open company option from the list and then click on “open the company file” option.
- click on next after clicking the option.
- Now browse through all the files and select the company file you want to open.
- open the file by entering the credentials.
- now go to the File menu and click on Accountant copy.
- here you have to select “Import accountant changes from file option”.
- If you have Quickbooks premier and enterprise software then you need to go to the client activities in the file menu.
- Click on “Import accountants changes from file” and then click on next.
- you will get the updated Quickbooks accountants to change the copy.
You can open this file after renaming the extension to .qby.
How to remove the Accountant’s copy restrictions?
you might get various instances where you will feel to remove the Quickbooks accountant copy restrictions. but once you will remove it then you won’t be able to import the changes anymore. hence consult with your accountant before disabling the restrictions. below are the steps to disable it.
- Open Quickbooks and go to Accountants copy from the file menu.
- Click on the remove restriction checkbox and then click Ok to save the changes.
this way you can import the Quickbooks accountant changes and can save the Quickbooks accountants copy. You can also use the Quickbooks general ledger to keep a track of all the transactions. while performing this if you have encountered any kind of issue then you can get assistance from the experts at Quickbooks.