Quickbooks Database Server Manager is one of the finest tools that you can use to host the Quickbooks software on multiple devices simultaneously. If you are looking for any kind of assistance in order to Install, Update, or Setup the Quickbooks Database Server Manager tool then this blog will help you in it. We have explained below the method to install, update, and set up the Quickbooks Database Server Manager tool.
Overview of Quickbooks Database Server Manager Tool
- 1 Overview of Quickbooks Database Server Manager Tool
- 1.1 Steps To Download Quickbooks Database Server manager
- 1.2 Ways to Setup QBDBSM
- 1.3 Use Of Quickbooks Database Server Manager Tool
- 1.4 Features of QuickBooks Database Server manager
this is one of the best tools that can help you to access the Quickbooks software perfectly over the network. here we have discussed some of the uses of the QB Database Server manager tool
- if you want to access the Quickbooks software from a workstation in the network then you will be required to install the Quickbooks Database Server Manager tool in your device. it creates the Network data file for all the company file hosted on the network.
- Once you will install this tool on your device then it will allow you to access Quickbooks software on multiple computers.
- You will be required to install the Quickbooks Database Server Manager tool in every desktop where you have installed the Quickbooks software.
- Every time you will install the Quickbooks Database server manager in a system it will add a new user.
- make sure you have the latest version of this tool and the application is always running in the background.
Steps To Download Quickbooks Database Server manager
- Click on the Quickbooks Installer option and then start the installation wizard.
- Ensure you are connected to the internet and then click on Next to proceed.
- Read all the software agreement and click on Ok to accept it.
- now select the installation method from the network options.
- Now if asked then enter your licensed number and then click on Allow Access.
- after this follow the steps to finish the installation process.
Ways to Setup QBDBSM
- First of all download the latest Quickbooks Version.
- Now you will be required to reboot your server.
- You will get a message on the screen which will say you need to update the company file in order to access it.
- Create a backup and then wait until the file gets updated.
- Once you have the backup then open the company file.
Use Of Quickbooks Database Server Manager Tool
You can use this tool to access the Quickbooks software over the network or you can use this tool to keep a track of the company file and local hard-drives.
Steps to open Quickbooks Database Server Manager
- First of all, go to the Starts menu.
- Now click on programs and select the Quickbooks.
- Now click on the Quickbooks database server manager to open it.
Method to Scan Quickbooks Company File
- Open the QBDBSM tool and then click on the scan.
- you can either select the folder you want to scan or you can scan a complete drive.
- If you don’t know where the files have been stored then you just select the drive.
- Now click on Scan Option.
Features of QuickBooks Database Server manager
- With this tool, you can have the data of the users who are currently accessing the accounting software.
- this tool can be used to check the number of company files is connected to the network.
- you can check the status while you are running the QBDBSM tool.
How to Update Quickbooks Database Server Manager?
- Go to the official website of Intuit and then download the latest QBDBSM file from the server.
- run the file to install the update and then reboot your server.
- you will get a message on the screen to update the Quickbooks company file to access it.
- create a backup of your file and the wait.
- Now click on OK and follow the steps to complete the updation process.
hence, this way you can update the QBDBSM tool. We have shared the usage, installation, and updation of this Quickbooks tool. if you are confused between Quickbooks pro and premier then you can have a comparison between them based on their features. if you have got any issue while using this tool then you can contact to the Expert team at Quickbooks.