How To Fix Quickbooks Desktop Error 6123
Call us for Instant Quickbooks Issue Related Support
Our Quickbooks Certified Professionals will help you with anything anytime.
Quickbooks is one of the best accounting software for businesses. it provides a seamless user-interface to manage all your financial transactions in the most convenient and easiest way. while there are some flaws in this software that can irritate you some time. while working on Quickbooks, you may encounter the Quickbooks desktop Error 6123. this error generally occurs when you try to access the Quickbooks software from a network server and you are trying to upgrade the Quickbooks company file. hence, you won’t be able to process the Quickbooks backup. We have explained below what is Quickbooks error 6213 and what are the causes behind it. after understanding the reasons that cause this Quickbooks error you can follow the methods mentioned below to troubleshoot this error from your device.
Introduction of QuickBooks 6123 error and its Cause
while accessing the QuickBooks software from a multi-network server, if you trying to restore the QuickBooks backup file then you may encounter this QuickBooks desktop error 6123. you will get an error message on your screen and the QuickBooks software will stop working. There can be different error present in QuickBooks like if you see that QuickBooks web connector has stopped working then this error will be QuickBooks web connector error 1085.
Causes of Quickbooks Error code 6123
- Using an external storage device to restore the Quickbooks company file.
- Interruption in the Host server while restoring the company file.
- Corrupted or damaged Quickbooks Company file data.
- Firewalls blocking the Quickbooks file.
- he Mcafee Anti-malware programs create hindrance in Quickbooks software. This can also lead to another type of error i.e. quickbooks error 15311
- Damaged or Corrupted windows.
Methods to troubleshoot Quickbooks error 6123
Sol: 1 Use Quickbooks File Doctor
- Go to the Official website of Intuit and download the Quickbooks file doctor file.
- now run the “.exe” file to install the Quickbooks file doctor program.
- After the installation process, browse the company file and select it.
- Now click on the check file damage only and then click on the diagnose option.
- Now you have to provide your admin password in the box and then click on the Ok option.
- now select either the “repair file in the existing version” or “open file in a newer version” to diagnose the file.
- after this follow the given process to complete the diagnosis process.
- reboot your computer and restart the quickbooks software again to check whether the error has been resolved or still persist.
If you have encountered any other error of Quickbooks 6000 error series like Quickbooks error 6210 then also you can use the Quickbooks file doctor to fix it. this tool will automatically detect the Quickbooks error and resolve it in no time.
Sol: 2 Rename Quickbooks company file
- Go to the folder where the quickbooks company file is stored.
- now locate the .ND file of the Quickbooks and then right-click on it and click on the rename option.
- rename all the files to .ND.old.
- similarly, rename all the .TLG quickbooks file to .TLG.Old files.
- after this restart your quickbooks software and open the company file.
Sol: 3 Change location of Company File
If you are getting this Quickbooks desktop error 6123 while restoring the company file on your device then you can try changing the location of the Quickbooks company file to troubleshoot this error. copy the file from the quickbooks folder and save it to another location and then try opening the company file again. if you are using quickbooks on server connection then you can copy the Quickbooks file on the host computer and open it.
Solution: 4 Auto Data Recovery Feature
If your Quickbooks company file is corrupted then you can use the Auto data recovery feature that will restore the ADR file of Quickbooks. Restore Quickbooks adr file and then try opening the Quickbooks company file to check whether the error has been resolved or not.
Sol: 5 Disable Anti-malware software
there is a slight chance that the Quickbooks company files are not accessible due to the anti-malware software. These third-parties software can block the Quickbooks ports and won’t allow the users to access the company file. you can troubleshoot this error by disabling the Anti-malware program temporarily and try accessing the company file again.
Sol: 5 Quickbooks Re-installation
You can also re-install the Quickbooks software to troubleshoot this Quickbooks error 6213.
- Click on the start menu and type control panel in the search box and press the enter key.
- go to the Programs and uninstall the existing Quickbooks software from the window.
- Now go to the official website and download the latest release of the Quickbooks software or you can use CD to install the software.
- Now follow the process to install the Quickbooks software in your device.
- enter all the information and credentials to verify the purchase.
- after completing the installation process, Now try opening the company file.
these are some of the ways through which you can troubleshoot this Quickbooks error. Always make sure to create a backup of the company file before starting the troubleshooting process to avoid any kind of loss of data. While using the QuickBooks software, if you want to know about any feature or anything then you can ask for assistance from Quickbooks expert.