No doubt, QuickBooks is useful accounting software that has simplified your bookkeeping work to a great extent. But, have you ever seen a pop-up message displaying about the QuickBooks error? There are a number of errors that can interrupt your accounting and bookkeeping works. One such common error is the QuickBooks Error 12029 that has been reported most of the time by the users.
Users often experience this error while updating the QuickBooks and when trying to update the Payroll. If you wish to have a smooth functioning of this accounting software then you need to troubleshoot the issue quickly. So, let’s have this guide that’ll tell you everything about the error right from its reason for occurrence and troubleshooting solutions.
Factors causing the QuickBooks error 12029
There is a number of external and internal factors trigger error 12029 to occur. Let’s check out some of them:
- If there’s any connection glitch in QuickBooks
- One of the reasons can be the wrong SSL settings
- This error can also occur if the QuickBooks is blocked from accessing the server.
- The dropped internet packets sometimes also cause this problem to come into existence
- Another cause is the unsupported web browsers
- QuickBooks connectivity failures and update timeout are the crucial reason that contributes to the QuickBooks error 12029.
Solutions for the error 12029
If this error is troubling you then there are different solutions that you can try to tackle them out. Some of these include:
- By making verification of the internet connectivity
- Reviewing the settings of internet explorer
- Configuring the Firewalls and antivirus
Users usually don’t know about how to proceed so that the error can be resolved. So, have a look at these troubleshooting instructions. you can also avoid the Quickbooks update error 15240 if you follow these methods completely.
How to verify internet connectivity?
- For this, you need to open the Internet Explorer after this open any safe website.
- If you’re able to access the website, you need to go to the next step of rectification.
- But, if you get to see any error while accessing the website then you need to check the internet connection setting. Also, check if there’s any misconfiguration in the internet connectivity.
- The next step is to check that both the date and time of the system is correct.
- Open the “Internet Explorer” and then select the tools that are present at the top. Now, choose Internet options.
- In the Advanced tab, choose the option of Restore Defaults. Now, press ‘apply’ followed by ‘OK’
- Your final step will be running the update for QB desktop to solve the QuickBooks error 12029.
How to optimize Internet Explorer settings?
There are times when internet explorer can cause an error while downloading the updates. So, to optimize or review the internet explorer setting, you need to follow these instructions:
- Close the programs of QuickBooks Desktop and the go to open your Internet, Explorer.
- After that, choose Tools and then navigate to the Internet Options.
- Find the Globe icon on the Security tab to click it. Also, the user must make sure that the security level is at Medium-high.
- After that, go to the option of connection tab and then search for the Never Dial a Connection option. You should select this if you’re not using the dial-up node. In case, you use a dial-up node then you need to enter the internet service provider.
- After selecting OK, go to the LAN Settings.
- Don’t forget to select the automatically detect settings
- Now, it’s the time to see the Proxy Server checkbox. If you have marked the checkbox then mention the address and port.
- Clear the checkbox, if it is a port 80 then you can. In case, it is any other port then do not uncheck the option.
- After selecting Ok, go to the ‘Advanced’ tab followed by Restore Advanced Settings.
- In the next step, choose the option of TLS 1.2 which you can find under Settings.
- Before closing the IE make sure that you have clicked OK.
- The final step is to reboot PC and then check & update QB
How to configure the Firewall or antivirus to fix error 12029?
The configuration of the antivirus is quite easy. Just download the “QB File Doctor tool”. After saving the downloaded file, run it. Now, open this tool to start the configure Windows Firewall process. This will open all the firewall ports automatically. After this, just check out whether the QuickBooks error 12029 has resolved or not.