Troubleshoot Quickbooks Error 6000 77
Call us for Instant Quickbooks Issue Related Support
Our Quickbooks Certified Professionals will help you with anything anytime.
QuickBooks software allows users to easily manage their financial data in the Quickbooks company files. these company files can store all the important data and documents of your company. Hence, it is necessary to backup your Quickbooks Company file on a regular basis to avoid any kind of data loss. Along with this Quickbooks offers many premium features that can help users in better management of the business. However, there are instances where you might encounter Quickbooks Error 6000 77. this error generally occurs when you try to access the Quickbooks Company file. Hence, to access the Quickbooks software smoothly, you are required to troubleshoot this error as quickly as possible.
In this blog, we will let you know about the causes of this error along with some troubleshooting methods to resolve this issue. Knowing about the causes of the error will help you in better understanding the Quickbooks software and you can also prevent this error in future one you will know about the factors that will lead to this error.
What are the Causes of Quickbooks Error 6000 77?
Many of the Quickbooks users reported this issue and after researching thoroughly our team has listed some of the prime reasons that lead to this error.
- The location of the company file is not detected. it means the company file is stored in the External Storage device instead of the local drive.
- the permission to access the Quickbooks company file is disabled or there is any kind of issue in the configuration of the permission.
- Multiple access to the Quickbooks company file from any other mapped device.
Methods to fix Quickbooks Error 6000 77
We have provided below some of the premium solutions that can be used to resolve this issue. but before starting the troubleshooting process make sure to get a backup of the Quickbooks company file and then follow these processes in order to avoid any issue.
Method: 1 Quickbooks File Doctor
the Quickest way to troubleshoot the Quickbooks Error 6000 77 is by using the Quickbooks file doctor tool. this tool will automatically detect and troubleshoot the error. the QB File Doctor tool repairs the damaged Quickbooks company file to troubleshoot the error in no time. You need to simply install and run the Quickbooks file doctor tool and it will automatically troubleshoot the error. Follow these steps to install and run the Quickbooks File doctor tool.
- open the official website of Intuit and download the installation file of the Quickbooks File doctor tool.
- Save the installation file in the Local drive and then double-click on the file to run the installation process.
- After this, click on Next and follow the prompted instruction to complete the installation process.
- If the file doctor tool doesn’t open after completion of the installation process then double-click on the icon to start the process.
- Now browse and select the folder and then click on Scan to start the troubleshooting process.
- it will take time depending upon the size of the company file folder.
- after the process completes, restart your device and start the Quickbooks software again and try accessing the company file to check if the error still persists.
Method: 2 Rename Quickbooks Components file
If you have tried the Quickbooks file doctor tool but the error still persists then you need to rename the .TLG and .ND files in order to fix this issue. follow these steps to rename the files.
- Go to the C:/ Drive and open the Quickbooks folder where the company file is stored.
- Locate the files with .TLG and .ND extensions and then right-click on it.
- Choose the rename option and then add old at the end of the name of the file and click on enter.
- after this restart your device to make the changes effective and open the Quickbooks software again.
If the Quickbooks error 6000 77 still persists then you might need to contact professionals to troubleshoot this error or you can proceed to the next step to troubleshoot this error manually. If the update process of QB also gets interrupted by a third-party firewall application, it can cause error 15240.
Method: 3 Firewall and Security Software Configuration Settings
there are several instances where you might get this error because of incorrect configuration of the firewall ports. Hence, you need to check the configuration of firewall and security software to fix this issue.
- Set the Firewall settings to automatic to configure properly.
- open the firewall settings and manually configure for all the exceptional ports to access the Quickbooks software properly.
- Either complete the configuration of the security software properly or you can use an “Anti-Virus” defender software also.
Method: 4 Create the Damaged Folder Again
If the folder where you have saved the Quickbooks company file is damaged then there are chances that you can encounter the Quickbooks error 6000 77. Hence, you need to create a new folder and transfer the Quickbooks company file to the newly created folder to resolve this issue. Follow these steps in order to recreate the damaged folder.
- Open the C:/ Drive and create a new folder.
- Now open the folder where the Quickbooks company file is stored.
- now browse through all the files and locate the .QBW file and right-click on it.
- Now choose the copy option.
- now open the C: drive and go to the newly created folder.
- Right-click on the blank screen and choose the Paste option to transfer the company file.
- after this configure the permission to access the company file so that your clients can access the file without any error.
- Reboot your computer after completing the above steps to make the changes effective.
- Open the Quickbooks software again and access the Quickbooks company file.
So there were some of the Quickbooks methods that you can manually perform to troubleshoot the Quickbooks error 6000 77. We have tried our best to help you in understanding what are the causes of this error and what are the possible ways that you can follow to troubleshoot the error. In case, you have encountered Quickbooks error 15241 while updating Payroll in Quickbooks then you need to enable the Quickbooks FCS service to fix this issue.
In case, you have got any issue while troubleshooting the Quickbooks error or you need any kind of assistance for Quickbooks software then feel free to contact us. Our experts are always ready to help you with a quality-efficient solution.