Quickbooks is featured-rich accounting software that avail users to manage their business more precisely. Features like Taxes, Invoices, Payroll, etc. makes it one of the convenient accounting tool for small and medium-sized businesses. One such premium feature is the Quickbooks Class Tracking feature that avails users to track their income and expense by categorizing them into different classes. this feature allows users to track the cash flow in the business more precisely. However, while working on Quickbooks software you might encounter some run-time errors that can affect your workflow and can hamper your growth. Quickbooks Error 6000 83 is one such error that you might encounter while restoring the backup file of the Quickbooks Company file.
Quickbooks allows users to create a backup file that can be used in case of any data loss or something. Hence, it can be really irritating to get errors in this Quickbooks file. However, there are some quick ways available that can be used to troubleshoot this error. If you have encountered this Quickbooks error, then make sure to read this blog till the end.
We will explain below what are the causes and symptoms of this error along with some troubleshooting methods that can be used to resolve this issue.
What Causes Quickbooks Error 6000 83?
- 1 What Causes Quickbooks Error 6000 83?
- 1.1 What are the Effects of Quickbooks Error 6000 83?
- 1.2 Troubleshooting Methods for Quickbooks Error 6000 83
- 1.3 While Restoring Quickbooks Company file
- 1.4 Creating Backup of Company File
In order to troubleshoot this error completely, let us have a look at some of the causes of this Quickbooks error.
- This error can occur if the company file you are using is damaged.
- Blocking of Quickbooks file due to any anti-malware software can also lead to this error.
- Due to Incorrect file extension.
- Improper or Incomplete installation of the Quickbooks Software.
- Accessing the Quickbooks company file in Multi-user access.
- Because of limited access to the Server.
- Incomplete or limited permission to access the Quickbooks company file can lead to this issue.
- Not able to access the QBDataServiceUser file due to any anti-malware softwares.
What are the Effects of Quickbooks Error 6000 83?
While trying to access or restore the Quickbooks Backup file, if you have encountered the Quickbooks Error 6000 83 then you will face these symptoms.
- While using the Quickbooks software, the error will be displayed on the screen and then the program will crash.
- the error message of the Quickbooks error 6000 83 will be displayed on your screen.
- Slow processing and response of windows.
- Windows will start freezing periodically while using the software.
Troubleshooting Methods for Quickbooks Error 6000 83
the methods to troubleshoot the Quickbooks Error depends upon the action that causes this error. We have listed below the methods to fix this issue if the error occurs while accessing the company file, restoring, or trying to create a backup of the Quickbooks company file. You can follow the methods mentioned below:
Accessing Quickbooks Company file
Manual Method to Troubleshoot Quickbooks Error 6000 83
Follow these steps to troubleshoot this error manually. However, if you need assistance to fix this issue then you can also contact the experts at Quickbooks.
- Check for the configuration of Anti-malware software like firewall and Security software to make Quickbooks work properly.
- Check for the permission to access the Quickbooks Company file are enable or not.
- Create the Network Descriptor file by scanning the folder where you have stored the Quickbooks company file.
- Disable the Quickbooks Multi-user access temporarily.
- Transfer the Quickbooks company file to another location and then try opening the company file. If this works, then you can transfer the file again to its original location.
Quickbooks File Doctor
If you have tried the above method and you are still getting the error then you can make use of the Quickbooks file doctor tool. the tool can help you in repairing the damaged Quickbooks company file. the tool will process the troubleshooting process depending upon the size of the company file.
Disable Multi-User Access for All the Workstations on the Network
- Open all the computers on the network and turn-off Hosting from every computer. Make sure to turn it on using the PFC.
- If the “Host Multiple User Access” message is displayed then it ensures that your system is not hosting the company file.
- After that, choose the “yes” option when prompted “Stop hosting multiple user access”.
- Again click on the “Yes” option to close the company file and then click on Continue.
- follow this process on all the computers on the network.
While Restoring Quickbooks Company file
In case, you are getting the Quickbooks Error 6000 83 while restoring the file then make sure to check the file path and the file name of the Quickbooks company file. the Quickbooks software ensures to check the path and the file name of the backup file and make sure to avoid any special characters in the Company file name. If there are any special characters in your file name and File path then make sure to rename the file by removing it. after renaming the file try restoring the backup file again.
While restoring the file, make sure to check the extension of the file. the extension should be .QBW always while restoring company files. If the file is stored with any other extension then make sure to change the extension of the file.
Creating Backup of Company File
If you have encountered this error while creating the backup of the file then you need to follow these steps in order to fix this issue:
- Open the C: Drive and create a new folder to save the backup of the company file.
- Now open the Quickbooks software and create a manual backup and save it in the newly created folder in C: drive.
So these are some of the troubleshooting methods that can be used if you have encountered the Quickbooks Error 6000 83. In Case, you have tried all the above methods but the error still persists then you might need to contact professionals at Quickbooks to fix this issue. these experts have hands-on experience on all the latest technologies and trends that can help you in fixing this issue easily.