QuickBooks is now a highly reliable software program to manage the accounting tasks. However, due to the complicated algorithms and codes, used to design the software, QuickBooks shows some bugs. It is much frustrating when the QuickBooks users find error report at the time of operating the software application. We are going to talk about QuickBooks error code 80029c4a.
Symptoms, indicating the error 80029c4a
- The slow performance of Windows.
- Active window getting crashed
- System becomes frozen for a moment
- Error 80029C4A collapsing the computer system
- Windows giving slow response to the key-board input and computer mouse
- The error can turn up at the time of installing the program
Factors resulting in QB error 80029c4a
There are different factors, causing the run-time error 80029c4a
- More than one missing and corrupted system file of QuickBooks desktop
- You have improperly installed QuickBooks application
- You have downloaded corrupted QuickBooks application
- Corruption to the entries of Windows registry due to the modification done to the QuickBooks related application
- Damages from malware and virus in your system
- Another application has mistakenly deleted your QB files
Start running reboot.bat file
During the installation of QuickBooks software, reboot.bat, a batch file remains stored in your directory. It is applicable for any QB version, and you may easily locate it. The small file helps in resetting the system configuration, done by QuickBooks during your regular usage. This reboot.bat includes command line programs for reorganizing Windows registry settings. While you run reboot.bat, you must ensure that you have not opened another program.
- Close QB Desktop
- Open the folder, containing reboot.bat file
- Then, right-click the icon of QB Desktop
- From Properties, you can open your file location
- Click on reboot.bat and choose the option- Run As Administrator
Run System File Checker of Windows OS
Go to Start Button and enter command
- Hold the keys- Ctrl + Shift. Press Enter
- Click on the option- Yes
- You can find a black box
- Type SFC/sccannow and press Enter
- Wait till your System File checker scans for the error 80029c4a
- You can see screen prompts on your screen
Reinstall your application
Uninstall and then reinstall QuickBooks application. You will have a fresh start of the application. While you use the application on a new computer, you can easily start QB in a fresh mode. Now, when your PC is connected to the previous network, you have to go through some steps-
- Launch QB and go to About section to find license and product number
- From the Start Button, you can choose Control Panel
- Find the Installed programs’ list
- Locate QuickBooks and choose Uninstall button.
- The dialog box has Repair option. Hit the button- Next to accomplish the process.
Update your security software-
You may have installed a security software or antivirus program in your computer. You need to update it to use the latest version. After updating it, you can check out whether QB application is displaying the error code.
Thus, you may try out any of these steps for solving QB error code 80029c4a. While these methods have not worked for you, it is better to consult with QB team of representatives.