How To Resolve Quickbooks Error H202
Call us for Instant Quickbooks Issue Related Support
Our Quickbooks Certified Professionals will help you with anything anytime.
Quickbooks is a multi-user accounting software that offers business management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses. this software is also being used by freelancers professionals to meet their requirements. it offers to manage the company file simultaneously by hosting a file on Single computer to various workstations simultaneously. hence there can be some technical glitches in the software that can cause errors. Quickbooks error H202 is one of its examples. while communicating with the company file if a workstation fails to connect to the company file then its the Quickbooks Error.
We have provided below some of the simplified solutions for this Quickbooks Error H202. the methods explained below are simplified with a step-by-step procedure to makes it easier to understand. However, before start troubleshooting, this error let us first understand the reasons that can cause this Quickbooks Error. this will help you to better understand the error and eventually helps in troubleshooting.
While if you have encountered Quickbooks error 80070057 then you can update the Quickbooks desktop to the latest release in order to troubleshoot the error.
Causes of Quickbooks Error H202
Whenever you try to open the Quickbooks company file and the Quickbooks becomes unable to make a connection with the error because of not getting connected with the remote server, the Quickbooks H202 error occurs. we have listed below the reasons that cause this Quickbooks Error.
- Quickbooks Hosting Configurations and setting issues can be one of the reasons.
- anti-virus or Malware software can block the connection between the software and the server.
- the workstation computer is unable to connect with the hosting computer due to unreachable IP address.
- the issue between Quickbooks Database manager and DNS Server can cause this Quickbooks Error.
- Components of Quickbooks software get damaged.
- multiple requests from multiple database server managers can create a clash.
- unavailability of the Quickbooks Error H202 Port.
The Quickbooks H-series error can cause because of various reasons hence the solutions to these errors will depend upon the causes. however, all the methods can be used to resolve Quickbooks Error H101, H202, H303 and Quickbooks error H505. as they are the same for all with some minor changes. here we have listed some of the methods that can be used to fix the Quickbooks Error H202.
Fixes of Quickbooks Error H202
Sol-1 Network and Connectivity issues
- Open the Quickbooks Software on all the Workstations connected on the network.
- Turn off Hosting by opening the utilities from the file menu.
- Now open the Quickbooks Hosting Computer and go to “My PC”.
- ensure all the networked workstations are visible by double-clicking the Network on the left windowpane.
- Now from the hosted computer Ping to all the workstations respectively.
- Now ping to that computer which is showing the Quickbooks Error H202.
- use Command Prompt to send the Ping.
- Ping[Computer Name]: Use this Command.
The network connectivity issue can be determined based upon the latency of data packet loss and the command response. hence you need to fix the network issues on your own. if you are unable to fix it then you can contact Quickbooks Expert team.
Sol- 2 Quickbooks Connections Diagnostic Tool
- firstly you will be required to download the Quickbooks Connection diagnostic tool.
- Now Scan the Quickbooks Company file folder completely.
- Note down the IP address while the scanning process.
- In the Firewall status Section, click on the Open Ports button to enable the ports.
- complete the given instruction and now try to open the Company file from the computer where the Quickbooks Error H202 occurred.
If you are still getting the Quickbooks H202 error then include the Quickbooks Firewall Port exceptions into your security software to troubleshoot it.
Quickbooks Ports Information
- Quickbooks 2016 Ports: 56726, 8019, 55368-55372.
- Quickbooks 2017 version Ports: 56727, 8019, 55373-55377
- QB 2018 Ports: 56728, 8019, 55378-55382
- In Quickbooks 2019 the ports will be automatically renewed when you will scan the company file.
Sol -3 Change the Location of Company File
- Create a new folder in the C: Drive to keep your company file.
- Go to the folder and copy the Company file and.TLG file respectively.
- Now visit the location of the new folder and then paste these files there.
- Now try to open the Company file.
If the error still persists then try the next solution mentioned below.
Sol- 4 Repair Quickbooks Components and Update it.
Sol- 5 Change Quickbooks Database Manager Settings
- Open the Run Dialog Box from the start menu and type MSC.
- Click on the services and go through them to find QuickbooksDBxx.
- right-click on it and click on Stop to disable this service.
- Make the Service start option automatic and open the Quickbooks software and try to open the file again.
Troubleshooting the Quickbooks Error H202 can be really complex sometimes. you can take assistance from the experts if you are not much comfortable with the technology.