Quickbooks is one of the finest accounting tool that help you to manage your business in an easier way. It is enriched with various features and functionalities to make it easier to track the growth rate of your business. It allows you to connect the software with your bank account to easily track the cash flow in your business. you can use features like invoicing, direct deposit, reports, tracking, etc to handle the operations of your business with care. Hence, for powerful software like this, it is required to perform well on all the platforms. so if you have a Quickbooks mac file, then you can use the round-tripping method to convert it into windows version.
If you are getting an issue while using the Quickbooks Condense file method then you can troubleshoot the condense error using the Quickbooks Condense repair tool. You need to follow the given method to troubleshoot the error in no time.
Let’s have a look at how you can convert Quickbooks mac file to Windows.
Reasons To Move Quickbooks Mac File to Windows
With the latest release, Intuit has decided to quit the Quickbooks Mac Version. Hence it is advisable to convert Quickbooks for Mac to Windows or you can use the Quickbooks Online Version. However, For Quickbooks 2016 version, it will still provide the updates from May 31, 2019.
Reasons to Choose Quickbooks Desktop Over Online
- If you opt for the Quickbooks Online version then you will be required to pay a monthly fee while with Quickbooks Desktop, you will be required to pay the One-time installation fee.
- In terms of Features, the Quickbooks Desktop version comes with two methods to manage your inventory, which is average cost and FIFO while Quickbooks Online is based on FIFO.
- You can perform Batch-invoicing in Quickbooks Dekstop if you have multiple clients with the same type of bill. You will not get this feature in Quickbooks Online.
- The Quickbooks Online version is designed for general use while the Quickbooks Desktop is designed based on the type of industry. You can avail of multiple different features for contractors, Manufacturers and wholesale, retailers, etc.
Steps to Prepare Mac File For Conversion
- In order to process the conversion process smoothly, update your Quickbooks For Mac to the latest release.
- Now look for any kind of special character in the name of your file or Company name in Quickbooks. If found then rename the file by removing the special character.
- after this go to the reports menu and open the custom transaction detail report.
- a window will open on the screen. Click on the drop-down menu of dates and select all.
- Go to the memos and click on Ok. the report will start running.
- Now look and remove the memo transactions that are of more than 50 characters or have any special character.
- after this, you will be required to delete all the memorized reports and transactions.
- now re-sort the list again and then repair the damaged with verify and rebuild data utility.
Steps To Convert Quickbooks For Mac To Windows
- To process the conversion, Open the Quickbooks company file on Mac.
- Now go to the File menu and create a copy of the Quickbooks Company file for windows version.
- Edit the file by renaming it to avoid any kind of issue of overwriting while updating the file.
- Now transfer this copy of the company file to the Windows computer. You can use any of the ways available like USB, CD, Hard Drive, etc. to perform the transfer.
- Now open the Quickbooks software on Windows to restore the company file.
- Open the File menu and then click on the open and restore the Company option.
- Now choose the restore a Backup (.qbb) and click on the Next option.
- Now select the location where you have saved the backup of the Quickbooks Company file on the local drive.
- Now click on OK when asked to update the Quickbooks Company file.
while processing the conversion process, you might face some Quickbooks error like C=116. you can try troubleshooting the issue by resorting to the list or by repairing the damaged file using Quickbooks Verify and rebuild data utility. If you are unable to troubleshoot it on your own then you can ask for assistance from Quickbooks Experts.