The Quickbooks comes with lots of features and tools that’s helps you to manage your business more efficiently than earlier. it is always beneficial to keep the record of your purchase order for future reference. they will help you to track the sales record of your business. the Quickbook Purchase order feature allows you to keep the records of all your purchases. this feature will provide all the information about the purchase that will include item, price, quantity, vendors, etc. Hence if you are running a business on your own then you should know about how to create a purchase order.
we have described below the steps on how you can create the purchase order in Quickbooks Online.
Follow to Create Quickbooks Purchase order
Quickbooks allows you to create the purchase order of the item in a very easy way. here we have discussed below the way through which you can create the purchase order and you can track them easily.
- Create the Purchase Order: In order to create the purchase order, you have to go to the Quickbooks software and then click on Vendors and then by clicking on create a purchase order.
- Select Vendors from Drop-Down List: Now you will see the list of all the vendors in your computer system. you have to select the vendors for who you want to create the purchase order from the list.
- Mention the Purchased Item: Now from the list of Classes, you have to classify the purchased item in the purchase order.
- Ship to Address: however this is an optional step, but you can fill this in order to have accurate data. In the Ship to address the drop-down list, you will find the name of the vendors, employees, and customers in your system. you have to select one of them and the Quickbooks ship to address will automatically fill the information according to your selection.
- Check Buying Date: make sure to check the purchase order buying date in the Quickbooks.
- Purchase Order Number: the purchase order number will help in identifying the correct order. hence make sure to check that Quickbooks has entered the correct purchase order number. make changes if there is any kind of error.
- Vendor and Ship to data: these blocks will provide all the information about the vendor.
- Enter the Information accurately: You need to provide all the essential information about the items you have in the purchase order. you can use the following things about the item if you want to give detailed information about it.
- Item: you have to select the item from the list and need to describe it in the item file.
- Description: This box can be used to provide information about the item you have selected. you can enter the data about the product or the item and it also allows you to edit the information whenever you want.
- QTY: here you have to mention the Quantity of the item. you can select the Quantity in your purchased order in the QTY box.
- Rate: The rate will be entered in this box. you can put rate per quantity or per unit depending upon the item you want to purchase.
- Customer Column: this column is used to enter the information about the customer for whom this product is being purchased.
- Amount: This column will tell you about the total amount you have to pay for all the purchases. this will be the sum of the purchase of all your items.
- Print the Purchase Order: This command can be used to print the purchase order. In order to print the purchase order, you need to save it and then you have to go to the files>print forms> purchase order.
- Save the Purchase Order: Click on save and close button to save the purchase order. you can also click on Save and new button. this will allow you to know about all the information of the item, vendors, customers, etc. on your purchase order. it will help you to understand the purchase details as well.
this way you can create the purchase order in Quickbooks. Quickbooks allows you to save and print the purchase order for future references. follow the above steps carefully to create and print the Quickbooks online purchase order. with the help of Quickbooks expert, you can also learn about how to create a Quickbooks accountant copy. you may encounter some Quickbooks error while creating the Purchase order. if you get any then you can call the experts at Quickbooks.