QuickBooks provided Payroll-Service that made payment service very easy to most of the businesses that are using it. This payroll service is very beneficial for mid-size and small size organization in making payments to own employees without trouble. The payroll module comes with accounting software with a different type of useful options.
During payroll module update, QuickBooks throw errors. It generally comes out due to the existence of the corrupt file inside the CPS folder. Due to this error, no one can download the update for payroll and unable to open the company data file. Let us go into details to review the causes behind throwing Quickbooks payroll update error.
Main causes behind of QuickBooks Payroll update error
There are several reasons listed below that are behind to raise payroll update error.
- Payroll-subscription is in the deactivated mode
- More payroll is activated in the inactive directory deposit agreement.
- File of QuickBooks desktop is corrupt
- QuickBooks related data is damage due to some other reasons
- Using QuickBooks older version
- Incorrect use of service key
- Your EIN is invalid
- ‘Company data file’ PSID is not authorized due to some reasons
- QuickBooks desktop software is conflicting with the current version of windows.
- QuickBooks status seems as not valid Number or EIN.
Note: First, you need to make sure that you should have an activated payroll subscription. If your payroll-subscription seems to deactivate, you might get a chance to flash this payroll update error.
Step by step solution to fix payroll update error
You are required to follow the below steps to solve errors as earlier as possible
- In this step, you need to update tax table for payroll of QuickBooks that is necessary to proceed in the next step
- Now verify the error has been fixed or persist. If the error persists, move ahead in the third steps that is given below.
- Follow the following path in your computer drive: ‘C:\\Program Files:\intuit\QuickBooks 20QQ\Components\Payroll\CPS.’
- In the path mentioned above, QQ is used as a reference with yearly edition ie. ‘2016, 2017, 2018.’
- Assign a new name CP SOLD to CPS folder and confirm that issue is resolved
- Now you have to stop your user-account control. To do the same, You should follow below steps
UAC setting change for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
- First press Window+R button
- Type control panel in the search box and tap on OK
- Tap User Accounts option
- Choose User Accounts
- Now Go into alter user account control setting option
- Tap on the “Do not Notify’ option on moving slider.
In this blog, all the necessary information provided to solve these quickbooks errors. if you are still facing the issue, ask the expert to get more in details.