Quickbooks is one of the convenient accounting software that avail users to manage all the operations or task of their business. Emailing is one of the prime features of the Quickbooks software that allows users to send emails directly from the Quickbooks Account. the Outlook email integration in Quickbooks is one of the significant features. If you are using the integration of Outlook in Quickbooks to send emails to your customer and vendors then it can save you a lot of time. along with all these benefits, the copy of the invoice or the mail you will send through the Quickbooks outlook feature will be saved for future references. however, sometimes you might face issues while sending mails through the outlook features. In this article. we have mentioned the steps to fix the Quickbooks is unable to send emails to outlook error.
Avoid the traditional method to first print, scan, and then add the attachments to send the mail. Use the integrated features of Outlook Email in Quickbooks Desktop to get the job done in just a few clicks. you can also send the journal entry with these integrated features of Quickbooks. In case, You don’t know how to add a journal entry in Quickbooks Online then you can contact Quickbooks Professionals. they will guide you with a complete process to add a journal entry in Quickbooks Online.
Let us begin with the causes that lead to this Quickbooks error followed by the troubleshooting methods to troubleshoot the error easily. Listed below are the reasons that cause this Quickbooks Error.
Reasons that Leads to Quickbooks Unable to send Email To Outlook Error
- 1 Reasons that Leads to Quickbooks Unable to send Email To Outlook Error
- 1.1 Methods To Troubleshoot the Quickbooks Error
- You might get this error if you have incorrect email settings on your computer.
- this error can also occur due to the damaged Map132.dll file. you might get this error message on the screen: Quickbooks is unable to send emails to outlook.
- this error might show up when you access the Quickbooks software as an administrator.
- Due to damaged Quickbooks or windows components, you can get this Quickbooks error.
- If you have an outdated version of Outlook then this error can show up.
- if your outlook account is open in the background while sending the emails then you can get this error.
- You can get this error if you have damaged the Outlook application.
Methods To Troubleshoot the Quickbooks Error
if you have encountered the “Quickbooks is unable to send Email to Outlook” Error while using the Quickbooks software then you can use the methods mentioned below in order to troubleshoot the error. however, if you are unable to fix this issue on your own then you can contact Professionals.
Method: 1 Change to Non-Administrative Mode
- Right-click on the Quickbooks Icon from Desktop and choose the properties.
- Now go to the compatibility tab and unmark the option to “Run this program as an administrator”.
- Now go to the Quickbooks software and update it to the latest release.
- after this update your windows and then restart your computer.
- After restarting the computer, open the Quickbook software and try sending the email now.
Method: 2 Change the Email Preferences of Quickbooks
- Open the Quickbooks software and go to the company file.
- Now click on the edit menu and then choose the preferences option and click on forms.
- Open the preferences tab and then choose Outlook as an email option and click on ok.
- after this close the company file and the Quickbooks software.
- restart the Quickbooks software and check whether the error has been resolved or not.
If you are still getting the Quickbooks error even after performing the above steps then follow the next steps to configure the email setting in Quickbooks Desktop.
Method: 3 Configure Email Preferences In Internet Explorer
- Close the Quickbooks company file and the Quickbooks software.
- open the internet explore by pressing the Windows key+ R and then enter Explorer in the box.
- Choose the tool menu and open the internet option after the program tab.
- make sure the default app is Microsoft Outlook. make the required changes if the default email app is different.
- Click on the Apply button to save the changes and close the internet explorer window.
- Reopen the Quickbooks software and try sending the mail again to check if the error still persists.
Method: 4 Repair Map132.dll File
Map132.Dll is on the of Microsoft Windows components that is required to establish a connection between Quickbooks Desktop and Microsoft Outlook application. It is referred to as “Messaging Application Programming Interface” as MAPI and if there is any kind of issue with this Microsoft component then this Quickbooks error can occur. Hence, you need to troubleshoot this error.
- Open the Microsoft Word and create a document to Mail.
- Go to the mailing window and send the mail to yourself as a PDF attachment.
- if you are getting an error in Outlook while sending the mail then it means the Map123.DLL file is alright.
- You need to contact Quickbooks Professionals to diagnose this issue.
- However, if you are getting an error while emailing the document from Ms-word then you need to follow these steps to repair the Map132.Dll file.
- Close all the running programs and go to the following path: C:\Windows\system32.
- Locate the fixmapi.exe and double click on it.
- Now follow the prompted transaction to repair the file.
- Once the repair is done restart the computer.
In general, the MAPI method resolves the Quickbooks is unable to send email to outlook Error Most of the time. You might get an error after performing this. If you are still getting the Quickbooks error then follow the give steps in method 5.
Method: 5 Tune-Up Outlook and Perform Clean Install of Quickbooks
- Close all the running programs and save all your work before closing the software.
- End all the Quickbooks processes from the task manager.
- use the clean install tool to rename all the Quickbooks application and program file and then restart your computer.
- if any program left then rename the folder manually.
- Now uninstall the Quickbooks software and reboot your computer.
- Now re-install the Quickbooks software using the installation disk or download the Quickbooks software from Interent.
- Run the installation file and complete the prompted instructions to complete the process.
- start the Quickbooks software and enter your product activation key to reactivate the product.
- Now go to the help menu and update Quickbooks software to the latest release.
- Open the company file again and try sending the mail.
If you have tried all the mentioned methods above and you are still getting this error then it is recommended to contact a professional from Quickbooks. however, if you are comfortable with technical terms then you can use the mentioned methods to troubleshoot this Quickbooks Error on your own.