No doubt, QuickBooks is one of the finest accounting software suite that has the ability to handle every accounting task. But, when it comes to issues, errors are common to QuickBooks also. To ensure uninterrupted operations of QuickBooks, it is important that you update the QuickBooks and its features in a regular manner. But, there are times when you get certain errors while updating payroll. During the update of features of QuickBooks, you must have encountered the QuickBooks Update Error 15240. Whenever this error happens, it interrupts the QuickBooks functioning and gives an error message to the user.
Why QB Error 15240 appears?
- 1 Why QB Error 15240 appears?
- 2 What Quickbooks Error 15240 error can cause?
- 3 Solutions that can eliminate the error 15240
There are different reasons that let this QB error to pop up to you. So, let’s have a look at these reasons in a discreet manner:
- If Windows is having any sort of registry errors.
- Sometimes, incorrect time and date of the system also cause this error to appear.
- Wrong internet explorer security settings are also a cause of this error.
- An outdated version of QuickBooks application.
- You’ll get this error if there’s the corrupt, damaged or incomplete installation of QuickBooks.
- The update process of QB also gets interrupted by a third-party firewall application.
- If the QuickBooks Desktop application is running in a multi-user environment. This is not considered suitable for the installation of the QuickBooks updates.
What Quickbooks Error 15240 error can cause?
When this error occurs, the users experience different issues such as:
- This can cause improper functioning of the QuickBooks application which will result in affecting the work and time of the user.
- The update of the payroll will also get failed automatically.
- The company files of the QB will also get damaged.
This was all about the cause and effects of the QuickBooks Update Error 15240. Now, let’s find out more about the solutions that can remove this error with ease.
Solutions that can eliminate the error 15240
Altering the setting of Internet Explorer’s Security
One of the important solutions that you can try is changing the internet explorer settings. For this, all you have to do is to open the Internet Explorer and then select Tools icon. This icon is available at the top right side of the page. Now, you need to go to the option of the “Advanced” tab. After this, just go to the Security section in order to make a check on the box for “Use SSL 3.0” and “Use SSL 2.0”. Once you’re done with check marking, click Apply followed by OK.
Checking Windows permissions to the folder of QB installation
- First of all, go to QuickBooks.
- After this, navigate to the C:\Program Files\. If you’re a 64-bit user then make sure to go to the C:\Program Files (x86).
- To the Intuit folder, make the double click. After this, you must choose the ‘Properties’ option. Now, move to the security option followed by the ‘advanced’ option.
- For this, the owner of the folder needs to be the User group. You have to take ownership of the Intuit folder.
- After all these steps, you must try downloading the updates and check if the QuickBooks Update Error 15240 still appears.
Apart from these two important solutions, there are other troubleshooting solutions also. Find out more about these rectification methods:
Other important rectification solutions
You need to first check the third party firewall if it is causing this sort of error. You need to make sure that the firewall is capable enough of accepting the qbw32.exe and qbupdate.exe files. This is for the quick update of QuickBooks. When you’re doing this, check that ports 80 and 443 are working fine and they aren’t in disabled mode. Consulting the third-party firewall can also help you in the QB payroll setting.
Verification of the computer’s date and time
Another possible reason that can cause QuickBooks Update Error 15240 to trigger is the inaccurate time or date of the system. So, you need to correct it first with these instructions. Make sure to choose a time display on your computer. After this, go to the setting and then change it. After setting the correct date and time, just choose the option of “Apply” followed by OK.
Reinstallation of the QB clean install tool
For this, just uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop from the system. Now, you have to rename the folder by running the install tool of QuickBooks. This will reinstall the QB clean tool that will help you in removing this error completely. similarly like this Quickbooks error you can also make use of the QB clean install tool if the Quickbooks won’t open the company file. you can simply reinstall the Quickbook software to troubleshoot this error.