Quicken software is designed to meet the requirements to manage personal finances. the software is equipped with various advanced features that make it one of the prominent choice to manage daily expenses. However, while opening the Quicken software, there are some instances where you might get an error message on the screen that says “Quicken launcher has stopped working“. YOu might get this error because of some compatibility issues with your device. this error generally happens when the Quicken software is unable to locate the path of the files. Hence, You need to fix this error quickly to resume the working of the software properly.
In this blog, we will be discussing some of the quick methods that can be used to solve this quicken error. We have also mentioned the causes and issues that can lead to this error. So you can have a look at them to know more about this error.
Issues that Leads to Quicken Launcher Has Stopped Working Issue
If while trying to open the Quicken Launcher, if you are getting an error then it can be because of the following reasons mentioned below:
- Due to damage or Missing of Microsoft .Net Framework.
- You might be getting this error because of compatibility issues in windows.
- Limited permission to access the Quicken software can lead to this error.
- Because of some compatibility issues in the old quicken icon.
- Due to some installation issues in the Quicken Software.
So if you have got this error then we have mentioned below the methods that can be used to troubleshoot this error.
Methods to Fix Quicken Launcher Stop Working issue
As we have mentioned above, this quicken error can occur due to various reasons. Hence, you will be needed to fix all the issues that lead to this error.
Method: 1 Configure Microsoft .Net Framework
- If you have got an error message on your screen while opening the Quicken software that says Install .Net framework.
- Open the browser and download the .Net Framework in your device.
- Make sure to download the version of the .Net Framework the same as your Desktop version. Likewise, If you are using a 32-bit system then you must download the 32-bit.Net Framework.
- Run the .Net Framework Installation file and then try installing the Quicken software again.
- In Case, you have an outdated Quicken version, then you can also update the Quicken software to the latest release to install the .net framework successfully.
Method: 2 Check the Compatibility Issues
After successfully Installing the .Net Framework, Now you need to check the compatibility issues in your device. if you are getting this Quicken error because of some compatibility issues with Quicken software then you can fix it by following the method mentioned below:
- Close the Quicken software and go to the desktop screen.
- Right-click on the quicken icon and open the properties of the software.
- Open the compatibility tab and then click on Run this program in compatibility mode.
- Now from the list, click on the Windows Vista option.
- Now, unmark the checkbox of run this program in compatibility mode and then click on apply and ok to make the changes effective.
- Now re-open the Quicken software and check if the error has been fixed or not.
If you are still not able to open the QUicken launcher then you can proceed to the next method to fix this error.
Method: 3 Fix Quicken Old Icon Issue
For Windows 8/10 Users
- Close all the running programs and press the Windows+E key to open the windows explorer screen.
- Now click on This PC from the left window pane and then go to the C:/ drive.
- Open the program file folder and locate the Quicken folder.
- Go to the folder and find the QW.exe file and double-click on it to open it.
For Windows 7 Users
- Press the Windows+E key and then go to the C:/ Drive.
- Click on the Program Files folder and then click on Quicken Folder.
- now double-click on the QB.exe file to open it.
After completing this, restart your device and re-open the Quicken software to check if the error has been resolved or not. In Case, the error still persists then you need to perform some advanced troubleshooting tricks to resolve this error. You can either perform the steps manually or you can take assistance from the experts at Quickbooks.
Method: 4 Change Permission to access Quicken Folder
In order to make these changes in your device, make sure to login as an administrator.
- Close all the running programs and then double-click on This PC icon to open the windows explorer window.
- Now go to the C:\ drive and then click on the program files folder.
- Now locate the Quicken folder from the list and then right-click on it.
- Click on the Properties option and then go to the security tab.
- Now click on the advanced option from the security window and then choose the change permission option.
- Change the permission to full control and then click on ok to complete the process.
So these are some of the best methods available that can be used if you have encountered the “Quicken Launcher has Stopped working” issue while using the Quicken software. We have a team of experts who have expertise in this technology and they have provided these quick methods. So they are completely reliable. In Case, If the Quickbooks Multi-User Mode stopped working and you need any kind of assistance then you can contact our experts. they will provide you the best possible solution to resolve this error quickly