Quickbooks online is the best accounting software to manage your business from anywhere by accessing the Quickbooks software from desktop, mobile, tablet, etc. Just like Quickbooks desktop, the reconciliation process is one of the important features of Quickbooks online to verify the updated transactions in the Quickbooks software with the bank accounts and credit card statements. if while reconciling the Quickbooks online account if you have updated wrong transactions or the statement has been recorded for a wrong date then you can undo reconciliation in Quickbooks online. this feature allows you to resolve the mistake.
We have discussed below the importance of this Quickbooks feature along with you you can use it to undo the reconciliation process.
Quickbooks Online Reconciliation feature benefits
- If there is any kind of change in the income then the user can identify it with the reconciliation process.
- It helps to take decisive actions on the basis of your account.
- determine errors made by your bank.
- manage your work-force in a more convenient way.
- determining any fraud by your vendors or employees.
Why you need for Undo reconciliation in Quickbooks
there can be several reasons where you might need to undo the reconciliation process in Quickbooks. we have listed below some of the important reasons that might lead you to start this process.
- you have updated the wrong date for the payment in your account.
- there might be any kind of issue in the transactions.
- there can be an issue with the bank reconciliation system and you need to resolve it.
- the account statement you are using to reconcile the Quickbooks software may be wrong.
Steps to Undo Reconciliation in Quickbooks Versions
here we have mentioned below the steps you can follow if you want to undo the reconciliation process in Quickbooks software. Depending upon the Quickbooks version you are using you can follow the steps.
For Quickbooks Online Accountant
If you have the Quickbooks online accountant software and you have made any mistake during the reconciliation process then you can follow these steps in order to undo the reconciliation operation.
- To begin this process you need to open the Quickbooks online accountant software.
- double-click on the QB icon and then you need to provide the credentials of your Quickbooks account to log in as an administrator.
- Now select the company file of your client from the drop-down box.
- after this go to the settings option and then click on the tools option and then choose the reconcile option.
- Now click on the reconcile an account page and then press the history by an account option.
- Now you have to determine first the reporting period and the account and then select it in order to search for the reconciliation process you are required to undo.
- after selecting the reconciliation process, go to the action menu, and choose the undo option.
- after this confirm your statement by clicking on the yes option.
- In the end, click on the Undo option and then click on Ok to save the changes.
For Quickbooks Online Edition
For the Quickbooks Online version, you will be required to follow these steps if you want to undo the reconciliation process.
- Open the Quickbooks online software by double-clicking on the Quickbooks icon on the desktop.
- now select the banking menu and then go to the registers option.
- Now choose the account from the register drop-down list.
- now you will be required to select the transaction for which you want to undo the reconciliation process.
- after this, you have to delete the “R” letter in order to change its state to unreconciled.
however, if you have a list of transactions that you want to undo reconcile then you can use the alternative of the reconcile option from the banking menu.
For Quickbooks Desktop Edition
if you don’t have Quickbooks online or QBOA then you can use this method for the Quickbooks desktop edition. you will be required to follow these steps in the given order to avoid any kind of error while performing the undo process.
- Double click on the Quickbooks icon to open the Quickbooks software and then you have login into your Quickbooks account as an administrator.
- after this, you will be required to select the Quickbooks company file and then open the banking menu and click on the reconcile now option.
- after this, click on the Undo last Reconciliation.
This way you can perform the Undo reconciliation process in all the versions of Quickbooks. in this blog, we have explained the benefits of performing the reconciliation process in Quickbooks. if you have mistakenly updated an account statement with the wrong-date or amount then you can undo the reconciliation process to fix the mistake. the undo reconciliation process is allowed in almost all the versions of Quickbooks software. we have mentioned the steps to undo reconciliation For QBOA, for Quickbooks Online and Quickbooks Desktop.
Just like creating mistakes while performing the reconciliation process, if you have forgotten your Quickbooks password then it can be a great issue. you will be required to reset your Quickbooks password in order to access the Quickbooks software. the Quickbooks Automated password reset tool can be the best option if you want to avoid any error and want to reset your Quickbooks admin password easily.
However, if you are trying to undo reconciliation in Quickbooks and you have encountered any Quickbooks error then you can get help from the experts at Quickbooks. they are well-trained to provide an effective and efficient solution to resolve your issue.